Mumbai 28/11/13

Hello friends
                       A small card framed for the day,but seems like a competitive card. Here is my analysis and personal choices for the day. 

Race no 1:Class V race over 1800 mts 

On first view seems like the race is between Tara and Arzaan but I have made it a point to back an youngster even if there is a shimmer of hope 

Of the two youngsters Osric is superior,but the jockey on board is the only concern. But then this horse has raced with some good youngsters and if the jockey can do justice,can win here with some luck 

My choice:#1 Osric for win

Race no 2:Class I race over a mile 

Another classic hopeful sitting pretty on the scales is in the fray. Let him win in cramped odds. 

Looks like quite a tussle for the horse that can finish second,take your pick or just enjoy this race but for all academic purposes my choice here is Silver Arrow

My Choice:#4 Silver Arrow for win 

Race no 3:Class IV race over a mile 

In what seems like one of the more competitive fields of the day,there are five youngsters in with a chance here 

Curiosity and Papillion are winners of the lowest class,Curiosity although won purely because of the jockey last time is well placed on promotion,is the horse to beat (more so because it won despite its burst of blood vessel)

Fabulous Florence from the Goldie brown stable has had a suggestive last run and with a jockey whom I regard to be a decent rider too 

Arta's last run behind Negotiator in the maiden class is one to note,goes with a change of equipment (Blk on) now. Again has a good chance here 

But the bred in purple WENTWORTH from the stables of Bezan Chenoy stands apart here,this gelding will be the one that will finish the winning post first! There are no second opinions about it if ya ask me. Days best 

My choice:#3 WENTWORTH for win 

Race no 4:A class II race over 1000 mts 

Will Rio's winning streak come to a halt here is the ? This youngster has done nothing wrong in his career 

The distance is the horse's forte,the rider is a good claimer and can Rio sustain the long Mumbai straight is the only doubt. If odds ease at race time worth a bet 

My choice:#3 Rio for win 

Race no 5:A race for class III horses over 2000 mts 

This race is well and truly between the 3 youngsters! 

Amistad has matched strides with superior horses,history shows that the distance might be a big factor, but as far as I know history is deceptive! From the Shroff's yard cannot ignore yet will be a big task to overcome the other two 

Ghazal King especially is the same class winner and is my default contender here,this horse even with this jockey should take a lot of beating 

I may sound biased here,Negotiator carried top weight and scored resolutely on its last start,on promotion is placed well and with the rider of Sandesh's calibre has a chance to repeat

My Choice:#4 Negotiator for Win

Race no 6:Class V over 1400 mts 

Again youngsters are preferred over older horses,thus only three-four horses in the fray 

Amaya is a small made horse,set the pace on its last run over a longer trip,now holds better chances here although don't prefer it personally 

Splendid Light is highly capable of surprising all,yet cannot justify why 

Scalanaya has better saddle support and also well placed on the scales,an outside chance 

My choice:#7 Scalanaya for win 

Race no 7:Class III race over 1000 mts 

Edwina is the best horse in the field,demotee who is now favourably placed here, yet there are many horses whose form is on the incline here and she has tough competition more so when more than half the field has won some good races at Pune 

Song of sparrow is the one am fancying here,has a good draw and should fare well here 

My choice:#5 Song of sparrow for win/place 

Day's Best:WENTWORTH 

Double:Osric-Rio 

Upsetter:Scalanaya 

Comments


  1. Lucky Stallion says eat eat eat Wentworth his days best Arta . Lets see whats really in store for us .Who's right and whose wrong ...........sadly enough it will be known only after the race.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only difference of opinion that makes racing my friend. I may be right today but there is nothing called certainity in our sport. Have a good day

      Delete
  2. Wonderful write up, i m sure if people read in between the comments they may find four to five winners today... woooww.. advance congratz to u bro...
    Wentworth is too good on paper but running after 222 days... just be cautious... rest apart... u will fair with other bets... Negotiator for place ... just my opinion.

    All the best u

    regards
    thunderstrike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr.Thunderstrike i just read your blog! Did you play step up? I have a friend who gors by the name Amalfi! He played step up for win and was dancing where as my longshot finished in the ruck... Happens but wentworth saved my day! Keep an eye on silver arrow! Will be an interesting 2000 gns

      Delete
    2. No my friend. I happend to be confuse ,alongwith mahiki and edwina.And missed the jackpot on V.March.Well Ghazal king was my days best and had to bang on it. Alas also took Negotiator for Shp.
      Yes you are completely right, anything can happen in racing.
      Will make a note on Silver arrow.
      Its just my opinion, it might not win the next outing. Do remind me if you like it.

      Tommo's kolkata card is too good. Its again punter friendly.
      To be frank Step up was not worth for more than 6/1 odds. Just b'coz of rider!! So many punters like me were failed to notice the intention at the last moment. I played Mahiki for only win.
      I hope others ,who had read my blog.. could have cared to take a small bet on Edwina and Step Up for each way or both for places.

      looking forward for your choices in kolkata.

      Best wishes

      .

      Delete
    3. Did you bank Rio too? I did the same mistake! Would have secured the jackpot easily.

      Silver Arrow won effortlessly, the 2000 gns if ya ask me is a straight fight between Alaindair Murioi and Silver Arrow! Jeremiah will find it difficult and if southern emperor makes a visit then it will be a very open race

      Yesterday had a lot of work to do after the races! Was up until 3 am and just woke up! Will attend cal races but havent worked yet. Will take ur selections as guideline


      Delete
    4. be careful with my choices, I have just given place bets and two wins... cards looks vry attractive and i m sure .. u can find winners... i have just reffered for the sure shot as per me.. so that no one looses...
      Still the two wins which i have mentioned are among my days best
      And kabir bhai's days best looks good but double may fail.
      .
      regards
      and good luck to u...

      Delete
    5. How was your day my frnd, i had stick to my selections.. I should had hedge for win too... but restricted my self to be safe .Ans let my few choices to win.
      I hope u did had a great day
      Regarding Rio, yes i did lost a fortune to cover on Ghazal king..
      best wishes

      Delete
    6. Had a good day! Played Angels Quest In The Twilight Scuderia and SNOWSCAPE at 18/10 was an irresistable bet!

      Best day of the week so far! Cannot take credit as did not post my selections before

      Delete
  3. I believe u,i had already mentioned .. card looks attractive .. u can find more number of winners and a punter friendly day.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would be interested to know what you think of the topic,so that it helps in improving my blog

Popular posts from this blog

Mumbai 01/04/17

Pune Races 08/09/2013 Analysis and Selections

Bangalore selections and analysis 27/07