The Indian 1000 Guineas (Gr.1)

Hello Friends, 
                    The First of the five Indian classics will go to the post at 4:30 pm on Thursday 18/12/2014. Here is my take on the first classic of the season 

To be quite honest with you I feel that 17 runners event taking place tomorrow has created a good amount of excitement in me. 

As I have maintained all through,the Juvinile form in the recent times that is in the past five years from The Fillies Championship Stakes or The Fillies Trial Stakes as it was previously known had given us four winners. 

Here is the list of the last five winners of the 1000 guineas and their respective positions in the Bangalore Fillies Championship stakes 

Jacqueline-Winner 
Siachen-Winner 
Alma Mater-Non runner 
Vijays Pride-Winner 
Mariinsky-Third 

Going by this trend,the 1,2,3 of this years edition in Maisha,Alexandra Mills and Godspeed all come into this race as top contenders. 

I have a very strong belief that barring a rank outsider or an improving horse like Bon Vivant,Westaphalia,Supreme Fairy or Polydences. The rest of the field cannot do much with the horses mentioned above 

Of the three horses,

Godspeed was the first to return to a race after the fillies championship stakes where in she had finished 5th after being fancied strongly. Then she went on to win The Banglore Winter Million giving weight to most of the field and recieving weight from Bold Majesty (who had won three classics after this run) Then she went onto Hyderabad to win the Hyderabad edition of the Fillies Trial Stakes and has not run a race after that. The only thing that stands between her and a good show in the Indian classic is fitness. This daughter of the now much acclaimed stallion for reasons not known to me has been kept at bay very much during the Pune season and has no real race benifit at the Mumbai track and these two factors may go against it. The positive however is that she has good early speed which will take her to the front effortlessly and has in my opinion the best jockey plying his trade in India at the moment 

Alexandra Mills did not stay the trip of the Bangalore Summer Derby which was her immediate assignment after finishing second to Maisha. She was then put to rest and came back in no less than a Gr.2 Bangalore ladies mile classic to pip Nuray at the post. I'm no fan of timings but the way she won the race I believe has promoted the connections to take a shot at Mumbai. She can improve and may very well be the threat to all in this race. The change in jockey is quite interesting as I guess that at Mumabi Y.S.S is held up to ride horses of Jaydev Modi and thus they have relied upon the services of A.Imran Khan. Pedigree buffs say that she might not like the Mumbai strech but then her running style suggests otherwise,should be there at the all important end in my opinion . 

Maisha was the preferred choice of yours truly when she ran and won the Bangalore Fillies Championship stakes,her journey after that has been running a gallant second to Quasar at the Pune Derby and a win over 1400 mts million which I presume as a prep race for the Indian 1000 guineas. Although for many the choice if jockey is straight forward,atleast for me it is an area of concern along with her outer draw,Otherwise with good formlines and seemingly very good preperations coming into his race it would surprise me if she finishes second and will shock me if she finished anywhere beyond that. She is in my opinion all set to conquer the first classic of this season and give her trainer the third in four years. Also her main challenge should come from Godspeed and Alexandra Mills 

My Choice:#11 Maisha Win 

I will try to post my selections of another 2 or 3 races sometime later,please keep looking at this space 

Have a nice day,gamble responsibly 

Of the other races,these four horses have impressed me and without going much into the details of those races my choices are as under 

Race no 2:#6 Night of Stars Win/Place 

Race no 4:#3 Stiletto Win 

Race no 5:#3 Aquamarine Win 

Race no 7:#9 Red Wonder Win 

INVESTMENT PLAN 

NIGHT OF STARS WIN 1000 
Stiletto Win 1000 
Aquamarine win 1500 
Maisha win 3500 
Red Wonder win 2000 

NOTE:The Investment plan is for guidance and self Assesment only and is not a recommendation of any sort 



Comments

  1. Dear Sirocco,
    I am your ardent follower could you please suggest a good/certain place bet for the day @ 90 paise or evens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would be interested to know what you think of the topic,so that it helps in improving my blog

Popular posts from this blog

Mumbai 01/04/17

Pune Races 08/09/2013 Analysis and Selections

Bangalore selections and analysis 27/07