Boxing Day Races-Analysis and Selections

Hello Friends, 
                    The city of joy as it is the norm will play host to a card of 9 races on Boxing Day,needless to say the excitement of a new year around the corner is highly palpable..... Coming back to us railbirds I hope the afternoon ahead is both exciting and prosperous. Here is my bit of analysis and selections followed by my investment plans...... 

Race 1:A class V race over 1100 mts 

NOTE:No Whips are allowed in this race 

Kremlin comes into this race with a switch in jockey and a positive switch in shoes,this horse is bred well for speed and is having its second run on demotion 

Though Sunshine Dancer appeals well for some reason I guess that both Chuundu and I Me Myself are the two horses that will have a big say in this race 

Although the scales are now in favour of the latter,I believe that Chhundu who has the right form and a very decent last run where it was interfered would fare well here and may possibly score,my personal fancy 

My Choice:#2 Chhundu Win 

RACE 2:A class V race over 1100 mts 

NOTE:No Whips Allowed 

This race looks wide open with half the field seemingly in with a chance. 

Ambicka,Sweet Suspense and Don Magnifico are the three horses that had attracted me on first glance 

However I believe that The Great Hannible who had put in a good show over the same trip in the higher class now stands a good chance to shed its maiden status,an e/w personal fancy 

My Choice:#2 The Great Hannible Win/Place 

Race 3:A class III race over 1100 mts 

With three top flight travelling jockeys doing duty in this race,this race wears an open look. 

Dancehall Days appeals of the three as it has been in some good form before going into a minor slump,the jockey is having a great time and his confidence will add to its advantage 

Sokudo has a run benifit this season and gets the same jockey again which is obviously a good sign,can hope to fare well here 

Fire Falcon showed a glimpse of hope in its last run,now on back of that run it is not too much of a task to improve here and has a fair chance to score here 

The presence of a lone youngster and also another horse called Bucharest makes this race very interesting 

Bucharest is getting a positive switch in jockey and has done well in the upper class too,even though it is carrying top weight I'm inclined to go with this horse as I feel this horse can run a bold race 

My Choice:#1 Bucharest Win/Place 

RACE 4:For 2 yo Maidens only over 1400 mts 

Pedigree and preperation are the two possible pointers in picking a horse for a race of this sort 

Astral Dancer from the Manverdra Singh yard fulfils both the categories as far as I am concerned,thus is my personal fancy for this race 

My Choice:#11 Astral Dancer Win 

RACE 5:A class II race over 1400 mts 

El CID which is sitting at the bottom if the scales and also being a youngster is the horse that all should be wary of in this race

Of the other horses although there are the likes of Kwan Yin and Scuderia who are all capable of doing well 

The two last start winners in Altanza and Meekathara are the ones that appeal the most to me 

Meekathara being an youngster gets my vote of the two and I hope that he completes a hat-trick 

My Choice:#1 Meekathara Win 

Race 6:A race for class III horses over 1400 mts 

There are three youngsters in the fray with good jockies doing duty on them and naturally the spotlight is on them 

They are Dakota Dreamer,Solitary Eagle and Marilyn. The last named has been a great disappointment given its pedigree 

Of the other two Dakota Dreamer who is a winner in the same class appeals and is a top contender in this race 

In my opinion they all have to be wary of Self Directed,this horse is running now on demotion and has placed in a class II race in its last but one run and is tracking decently with well acclaimed horses,being a horse from top stables I guess worth taking a chance on it and is my personal fancy 

My Choice:#1 Self Directed Win 

RACE 7:A Terms race for horses (4yo+) over 1400 mts

Barring the two outstation challengers which have no doubt added some spice to this race,honestly I feel that Dandified who has a great record at this centre is a top contender 

Invincible Prince won a class I affair in its last start and is now being partnered by a jockey who is in red hot form,the upsetter if any 

Im not going to commit anything on this race and let the best horse win 

Race 8:A class IV race over 1400 mts 

There are many 3 yo horses in the fray and I am of the opinion that the winner will be one amongst them 

Oath of Valour a same class winner will find it difficult to repeat here but not impossible 

Sreeputra has services of ace jockey and at low weights cannot be ignored 

Then there is Lancers Dream who was expected to do well last time,with the same top jockey doing duty one can expect it to do well 

And there is Royal Brute who is getting a switch in saddle support and has been showing out earlier in its career,a fair chance here and is my personal fancy 

My Choice:#10 Royal Brute Win 

RACE 9:A race for horses in class IV over 1400 mts 

Another race where I feel that the 3 yo's will have a better chance if winning 

Two debutants in the fray adds more spice to this race 

In my opinion Yerevan and Lanner Falcoln are the ones that seem to have an edge especially the former 

But going by the preperations of Casper The Ghost am inclined to take a chance on that,my personal fancy 

My Choice:#9 Casper The Ghost Win 

Have a nice day,gamble responsibly 

UPDATE TIME:11:25 am 

CHHUNDU WIN 1000 
ASTRAL DANCER WIN 1500 
Meekathara Win 1000 
SELF DIDECRED WIN 1000 
ROYAL BRUTE WIN 1000 
CASPER THE GHOST WIN 1000 

NOTE:The investment plan is for guidance and self Assesment only and is not a recommendation of any sort ! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mumbai 01/04/17

Pune Races 08/09/2013 Analysis and Selections

Bangalore selections and analysis 27/07