Mumbai Pre Derby Day 04/05/2017

Hello Friends,
                        The Pre Derby day card at Mumbai consistsof 8 races with the Kunigal Breeders Produce Stakes as the highlight of the day,here is my take about the card

Race 1:A race for 3yo's which has a decent cash prize and is restricted to maidens,amongst the debutants it is the Shapoor Mistry owned Highland Woods that catch the eye. However in Lincoln,Sereno and Sweet Music we have three able contenders and amongst them it is Sweet Music that happens to be my primary choice as it was a fancied horse in a million earlier and may prove to be second time lucky and the other two if they show improvement can make it a damn race here

My Choice:#7 Sweet Music Win 

Race 2:A tricky race for horses in class IV over a mile. Dark Gold,Star of Honour and Nelsons Blood are three horses that catch my attention in this race with Sumaaq being the joker in the pack,Star Of Honour is a summered horse and had run behind some notable horses down south and for reasons which may be mostly related to health was kept away from the racing scene but it has been putting in some good work and if racing fit is a major player in this race,Dark Gold did well to win last time out and will be hoping to do well stepping up in trip and then there is Nelsons Blood who is now having a second lifetime start with a positive switch in jockey to add merit to its claim,a very open race

My Choice:#9 Nelsons Blood Win/#4 Dark Gold (Upset)

Race 3:Another tricky race this time over 9 furlongs and a class III affair.Silken Eyes,Star Comrade and Multiglory are the horses in my shortlist.Although old in tooth Multiglory is the one to beat in this race given its amazing runs in its two runs earlier this season and one could say it is 'knocking'at the door,Silken Eyes has run in big races and blew up its ratings and ironically I see that as a negative but then its a player here and Star Comrade looks like the one that could do well given its earlier runs suggestive of a liking for this trip.

My Choice:#5 Multiglory Win 

Race 4:Tutankhamun is jumping out from the wider most draw and is running at Bombay two things to ponder about after what seemed like a top class performance on debut and is a major player here,Glyndebourne just held on last time in what was a messy race but for the son of Portia a good filly owned by the connections this race should be a test of class and ofcourse there is Timeless who may like the extra ground and this mix of variables makes it a race to watch out for,I think that the Outstation challenger has an edge though

My Choice:#2 Tutankhamun Win 

Race 5:A race for horses in the lower class,two demotees catch the eye in Forest Gold due to the work it has put on the tracks and King of Killen due to its earlier runs,I think the race should be between them and I'm going for the latter as the latter has done well in its runs over this trip

My Choice:#2 King of Killen Win 

Race 6:A race for horses in the highest handicap class and may prove to be a tough nut to crack as youngsters more often than not encounter an experienced foe,The Champ,Brahmachari,Deep Diver,Champagne and Cataleya being the players according to me in this race,I must admit that after being a bit off the scene down south Cataleya has run two decent races at Bombay and the fact that she ran well over a 5f race finishing on well gives me hope of doing running well on promotion.

My Choice:#9 Cataleya Win 

Race 7:Signor who is on its second lifetime start should be a major player in this race along with Safdar the maiden million winner at Pune who is stepping down in class,amongst them it is the former that appeals due to one factor that is the jockey,New England ran an eye catching race last time out and should be prominent too.

My Choice:#6 Signor Win 

Race 8:Another tricky race to close the proceedings of the day,Rock in Rio/Wild Jack/Captain being the three horses in my shortlist for this race,Wild Jack has been consistently hitting the board and with a good forward run over 6f last time out is the one to beat in this race and is my personal fancy

My Choice:#10 Wild Jack Win 

Days Best:3-5 Multiglory 

Good Bets:6-9 Cataleya,7-6 Signor 

HAVE A NICE DAY,GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mumbai 01/04/17

Pune Races 08/09/2013 Analysis and Selections

An opinion I can't ignore